Day 2: Chest

         For day two, yes I did hit chest. It was a good lift other than waiting around for benches and machines. I pushed heavy for flat dumbbell press, and went for the 100 pound dumbbells, which I shocked myself on by getting six reps with them. For something like dumbbell press I try to go heavy and at least get within the 6-8 rep range for the last set and struggle through that which I did for sure this week. I pressed for four sets and went 12, 10, 8, and 6. Then I move into hypertrophy with the hammer strength machine doing 3x10 with a rest of one minute, then to fly machine, incline bench, and incline flies. Finishing up on chest days I do some tricep movements hitting both sides long head and short head, then went up and hit the boxing heavy bag for at least 10 minutes for my cardio and that was my workout today. 

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this post Josh. I like to hear how others lift and learn from others. I am trying to get back to the gym and I will definitely start with chest day because it is my second favorite lift day. I like how you worked on hypertrophy by a drop set. I have some experience with this style and I enjoy it. I also try to make cardio fun by doing something like basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading the work out! I'm going to try it out! I love hitting chest day its my favorite thing to do because I'm so good at it and makes me feel good as heck! Great work out keep stacking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like getting a chest pump in. Definitely would have to be one of my favorite parts of the body to workout because of the pump. I like being in that 6-8 rep range as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your post Josh. Nothing is worse than waiting for machines in the gym. Chest is one of my favorite days and so many different workouts you can take advantage of. I also love doing triceps which is actually my favorite muscle to work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Back Day

Day One: Arm Workout